How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10 – If you have multiple monitors connected to the PC, or if the monitor configuration changes, some desktop applications may appear blurry. Windows 10 (version 1803 or higher) can try to fix this problem automatically, so the application won’t appear fuzzy. Windows may not be able to repair all applications, so some applications will still be blurred on high-resolution displays.
Here are some examples of situations you might encounter:
- You open an application on a high-resolution monitor and then move it to another monitor with a different resolution.
- You dock your laptop or tablet to a monitor with a different resolution, and then project in the “second screen only” mode.
- You are connected to another PC remotely, and the resolution of the connected PC is different from the resolution of the connected PC.
Note: You must install Windows 10 (version 1803) to use this setting to automatically fix fuzzy applications. If you have Windows 10 (version 1903) installed, the setting to fix blurry apps is enabled by default. However, you can turn it off at any time. Fix notifications for blurry apps depend on the app and may still appear
Fix apps blurry automatically
If apps appear blurry or if a notification about blurry apps appears on your main display, follow these steps:
Do one of the following, depending on whether you’re prompted with “Fix apps that are blurry?”
- If the prompt appears, select Yes, open Settings, and then select Apply.
- If the prompt doesn’t appear, in the search box on the taskbar, type advanced scaling settings and select Fix apps that are blurry.
In Fix scaling for apps, turn on Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry.
To find out if Windows can fix the problem, close a desktop app that appears blurry on your main display and then open it again.
If an app still appears blurry, you can try to use a different high-DPI compatibility setting for that app instead of the Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry setting.
Turn the setting for fixing blurry apps on or off manually
Whether or not you’ve had blurry apps or have seen a notification about blurry apps, you can choose to turn this feature on or off any time.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type advanced scaling settings and select Fix apps that are blurry.
- In Fix scaling for apps, turn on or off Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry.
Turn the notification about blurry apps on or off
While the notification for fixing blurry apps automatically can be useful, sometimes you might not want the notification to appear. Here are two ways you can turn off the notification:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > System > Notifications & actions, and then turn off Display Settings.
- Select action center , and then select Focus assist. This Windows 10 feature enables you to manage when notifications appear.
Hope to help you !
More: Do you know how to Unpin the tile group from the Start menu? If you do not know, please refer to the article Unpin the tile group from the Start menu in Windows 10!