Also in Tips for Mastering Office 365
How to Resend or Recall an Email in Office 365 – Use the mail recall function to retrieve the mail you sent from the recipient’s mailbox that has not been opened. You can also replace the replacement message.
For example, if you forget to include the attachment, you can try to withdraw the email and then send an alternative email with the attachment. After you click “Send”, message recall is available, and only if you and the recipient have Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange email accounts in the same organization.
Note: Replacing and recalling emails can only be done through the Outlook client, which is a fully installed version, not a version accessed through Office 365 on the web.
Resend an email message
Use the resend command to make the new mail look the same as the original mail-unlike forwarded mail, no information is added. When forwarding an email, FW: will appear at the beginning of the subject line of the new email. In addition, in the forwarded mail, the mail body header information of the previous mail will be displayed, such as sender, date and recipient.
Step 1: In the folder pane, click Sent Items.
Step 2: Double-click the message that you want to resend.
Step 3: On the Message tab, in the Move group, click Actions, and then click Resend This Message.
A new message window will open. If there are multiple recipients, you can delete the recipients who do not need to receive the mail again. Click the name you want to delete, then press Delete.
Tip: You can also add recipients that are not in the original email, add or delete attachments, and change the content of the email.
Step 4: Click Send.
To resend multiple messages, repeat these instructions for each message. Cannot resend multiple messages at once.
Recall an Email
Note: It can take up to two minutes to call a message, and it can only succeed if the following conditions are met:
- The recipient uses an Outlook client (not Outlook on the web or Outlook on the Outlook application), and Outlook is running.
- The recipient is on the same Exchange server (Parkland employees). If the mail is sent to someone outside the college, it will not work properly.
- The recipient’s mailbox must be opened for the recall to be successful.
- The message must still be unread and must be in the recipient’s inbox.
Following the steps:
- Navigate to the “Sent Items” folder and double-click the message you want to return.
- Select the “Messages” tab in the ribbon, and then select the “Move” group.
- Select the “Action” icon and click the “Recall this message” option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, you will see the “Call this message” dialog window that opens, asking if you want to delete the unread copy of this message or delete the unread copy of this message and replace it with a new message.
- If the recall of each recipient is successful, you can also choose to receive notifications.
- Click the OK button.
Email recall may not apply to every recipient, so you may want to add a delay to the “send” function instead of the “recall” function.
After sending an email to an external recipient using Gmail, Yahoo or other email servers, you will lose control of the email, so only if you use Outlook with a Microsoft Exchange account and the recipient uses the same Exchange When the server, “recall” is valid. If you don’t know whether to use an Exchange account, please check the “Email” tab from the “Account Settings” window (accessed from the “File” menu).
Hope to help you !
More: Read more article to change the focus mode background color/theme in Office Word. The focus mode is a built-in interference-free writing/reading mode provided in the Office Word program.