Also in Windows Help
- How to fix no Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10
- How to use SFC Scannow to repair Windows system files
- How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
- How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10
- Fix Windows update error message
- Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- How to open Settings in Windows 10
- How to fix Update Error 800F0922 in Windows 10
- How to fix “Windows resource protection could not start the repair service” in Windows
- How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows
- How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” Not Opening” in Windows 10
- How to create backup with system image in Windows 10
- Tip Add Settings To Taskbar In Windows 10
- How to Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073d23 in Windows 10
- How to view the full specifications of a Windows 10 PC
- Fix the problem that Windows 10 computer cannot boot to BIOS
- How to check SSD health and temperature in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error code 0x800f0922
- How to Fix Video or Music Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10?
- How to Check Your PC Has SATA Or NVMe SSD In Windows 10
- Tips Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
- How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 login issues
- How to Fix Windows 10 Not Showing WiFi Networks
- How to change the screen brightness in Windows 10
How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10, There is nothing better than the built-in Windows logo + L keyboard shortcut to lock a Windows 10 computer. However, if you prefer to use a mouse or on a touch device, you may want to add the “lock” option to the Start and taskbar for quick and easy access.
Add lock option to startup and taskbar
To add the “Lock” option to “Start” and the taskbar, we need to create a shortcut for the “Lock” option, and then pin the shortcut on the taskbar and “Start”.
Complete the following instructions to add the “Lock” option to the “Start” and taskbar in Windows 10.
- Perform a right-click on an empty spot on the desktop, click New, and click Shortcut. Clicking on the Shortcut option will open the Create Shortcut wizard.
- In the “Type the location of the item” field, copy and paste the following path:
- Click on the Next button.
- In the “Type a name for the shortcut” field, type Lock. Click on the Finish button to create the Lock shortcut on the desktop. Clicking on the Lock shortcut icon on the desktop will immediately lock your computer.
Note: If you want to change its default icon, please right-click it, click “Properties“, click the “Change Icon” button, click the “Browse” button, select an icon (the file must be in .ico format), and then click Click the “Apply” button. You can also download cool icon files (.ico) files from the Internet.
- To add the newly created Lock shortcut to the Start or taskbar, right-click on the Lock shortcut on the desktop and then click the Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar to pin it to the Start menu or taskbar, respectively.
Hope to help you !
More: Your Services.msc is not opening? Please refer to the article on How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” in Windows 10.