Also in Increase PC performance
- How to disable startup apps in windows 10
- How to Disable relaunch apps on startup in Windows 10
- How to Disable background apps in windows 10
- How to Uninstall non-essential apps
- How to Reclaim hard drive space in Windows
- How to Run defragmentation tool in Windows
- How to Enable ReadyBoost in Windows
- How to Check computer for malware
- How to Disable system visual effects in Windows
- How to Disable search indexing in Windows
How to Disable background apps in windows 10 – In addition to being able to run applications at startup, they can continue to perform many tasks in the background even if you do not use certain applications.
If you want to improve the performance of Windows 10 as much as possible, you can disable applications that you don’t want to run in the background, or you can completely disable the feature.
Disable background apps in windows 10
To disable background apps on Windows 10, use the following steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Privacy.
- Click on Background apps.
- Turn off the toggle switch for the apps you want to prevent from running in the background.
- (Optional) Turn off the Let apps run in the background toggle switch to disable the functionality for all Store apps.
Once these steps are completed, when you are not actively using the application to improve performance, the application will not waste system resources.
With the “Settings” application, you can only manage Microsoft Store applications. If you run traditional desktop applications in the background, you need to adjust the settings in these programs.
Hope to help you !
More: Are Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10? if so please refer to the article Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10