Also in Increase PC performance
- How to disable startup apps in windows 10
- How to Disable relaunch apps on startup in Windows 10
- How to Disable background apps in windows 10
- How to Uninstall non-essential apps
- How to Reclaim hard drive space in Windows
- How to Run defragmentation tool in Windows
- How to Enable ReadyBoost in Windows
- How to Check computer for malware
- How to Disable system visual effects in Windows
- How to Disable search indexing in Windows
- How to Increase page file size in Windows
- How to Restore previous working state in Windows
- How to Repair installation files in Windows
- How to Reset your device in Windows
How to Disable search indexing in Windows – Although search is an important element of Windows 10, the indexing part may temporarily consume a lot of system resources, which may affect the performance of low-end devices.
Disable search indexing in Windows
If you usually know the location of the file, you can prevent indexing from slowing down your computer by following these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Search.
- Click on Search Windows.
- Under the “More Search Indexer Settings” section, click the Advanced Search Indexer Settings option.
- Click the Modify button.
- Click the Show all locations button.
- Clear all the selected locations.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Close button.
After completing these steps, Windows Search will continue to run on your device, but Windows 10 will no longer index the location you specified, which will help improve overall performance.
Hope to help you !
More: Are your apps blurry in Windows 10? if so please refer to the article How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10!