Also in Increase PC performance
- How to disable startup apps in windows 10
- How to Disable relaunch apps on startup in Windows 10
- How to Disable background apps in windows 10
- How to Uninstall non-essential apps
- How to Reclaim hard drive space in Windows
- How to Run defragmentation tool in Windows
- How to Enable ReadyBoost in Windows
- How to Check computer for malware
- How to Disable system visual effects in Windows
- How to Disable search indexing in Windows
- How to Increase page file size in Windows
- How to Restore previous working state in Windows
- How to Repair installation files in Windows
- How to Reset your device in Windows
How to Disable system visual effects in Windows – Windows 10 includes many visual effects, from animation to shadows, to more complex visual effects, such as blur and transparency, highlighting, and part of Fluent Design.
Although these dizzying effects improve interaction with elements on the screen, they also require additional system resources, which is not a problem on modern hardware, but they can slow down computers with older hardware.
Disable system visual effects in Windows
If you want to maximize system performance, you can disable these effects to save some resources and make Windows 10 look faster.
Disabling visual effects
To disable animations, shadows, smooth fonts, and other effects, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on About.
- Under the “Related settings” section, click the System info option from the right pane.
- Click the Advanced system settings link from the left pane.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under the “Performance” section, click the Settings button.
- Click the Visual Effects tab.
- Select the Adjust for best performance option to disable all the effects and animations.
Quick tip: using this option will also affect how the font is rendered. If you want to keep the font clear and easy to read, please select the “Custom” option to clear all settings, but check the “Smooth edges of screen fonts” option is selected.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the OK button.
After completing these steps, standard visual effects will be disabled, and interaction with elements such as windows and menus will feel more sensitive.
Disabling transparency effects
To disable Fluent Design visual effects on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Colors.
- Turn off the Transparency effects toggle switch.
After you complete the steps, Windows 10 will not only feel faster, but your device will free up some system resources for more important tasks.
Hope to help you !
More: Are your apps blurry in Windows 10? if so please refer to the article How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10!