Also in Windows Help
- How to fix no Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10
- How to use SFC Scannow to repair Windows system files
- How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
- How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10
- Fix Windows update error message
- Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- How to open Settings in Windows 10
- How to fix Update Error 800F0922 in Windows 10
- How to fix “Windows resource protection could not start the repair service” in Windows
- How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows
- How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” Not Opening” in Windows 10
- How to create backup with system image in Windows 10
- Tip Add Settings To Taskbar In Windows 10
- How to Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073d23 in Windows 10
- How to view the full specifications of a Windows 10 PC
- Fix the problem that Windows 10 computer cannot boot to BIOS
- How to check SSD health and temperature in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error code 0x800f0922
- How to Fix Video or Music Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10?
- How to Check Your PC Has SATA Or NVMe SSD In Windows 10
- Tips Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
- How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 login issues
- How to Fix Windows 10 Not Showing WiFi Networks
- How to change the screen brightness in Windows 10
- How to fix cast to Device Not Working in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates
- How to Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 in Windows 10
- 3 ways to restore the dual boot menu in Windows 10
- How to split-screen (dual screen) on Windows 10
- How to Stop Computer Screen from Turning OFF in Windows 10
- How to find the age of your computer
- How to fix Laptop Shuts Down When Lid is Closed
- Enable Fast Startup in Windows 10
- The most effective method to Reset Microsoft Account Password
- Tips for creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive
How to To Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10, In Windows 10, by default, the “Photos” app is the default picture viewer. The “Image” preview option in the context menu will only appear when Windows Photo Viewer is the default option for a specific image type. Therefore, if the “Preview” option is not displayed, it may be because Windows Photo Viewer is not enabled (disabled by default in Windows 10), or it is not the default picture for the image file type you are trying to preview.
Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
In the functional department, the new Photos application in Windows 10 is better than the traditional Windows Photo Viewer. The “Photo” app not only allows you to trim, rotate, enhance and eliminate red eyes in photos, but also provides many filters and effects to enhance photos.
Compared with the traditional Windows Photo Viewer, the only problem with the “Photo” application is that it is slower. Another problem is that it is not a desktop application, which means that long-term Windows users who like to use desktop applications may not like it.
If you want to set Windows Photo Viewer as the default in Windows 10, but you can’t find it, please follow the method below to enable Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10, and then set it as the default.
Bring the classic Windows Photo Viewer back to Windows 10
- Please create a manual restore point by following the instructions in our how to create a restore point in Windows 10 guide as we are going to edit the registry.
- Click here to download the PhotoViewer.zip file on to your Windows 10 PC.
- Extract the ZIP file and double-click on the PhotoViewer.reg file and then click the Yes button when you see the following confirmation dialog to merge it. Alternatively, you can right-click on it and then click the Merge option.
Finally, click the OK button again when you get the following dialog box. That’s it! You have just enabled the classic Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10.
To check whether Windows Photo Viewer is enabled and use Windows Photo Viewer to open the picture, right-click the picture file, click “Open with“, click “Choose another application” (if “Photo Viewer” is not here ), click “More Applications” (only if you will not be able to see Photo Viewer in the list), and then click Windows Photo Viewer to use Windows Photo Viewer to open the selected picture file.
To make it default to an image, you need to follow the instructions below.
Make the photo viewer the default in Windows 10
Setting Windows Photo Viewer as the default program for pictures is not as easy as it was a few years ago. Now, the classic “default program” redirects you to the “Settings” application, and the “Settings” application does not allow you to set up Windows Photo Viewer (Windows Photo Viewer is not displayed in the list), so set Windows Photo Viewer as the default picture view The device is a bit tedious. In any case, how is this done.
Right-click on a JPEG, BMP, or PNG picture file, click Open with, click Choose another app, click More apps if you cannot see the Photo Viewer in the list, select Windows Photo Viewer, select Always use this app to open this type of files option and then click the OK button to set Windows Photo Viewer as the default for the selected picture file type.
If you want to set Windows Photo Viewer as the default setting for these file types, you need to repeat the above steps for all common image file types (such as JPEG, BMP, and PNG). To view the file extension in File Explorer, navigate to the “View” menu (in “File Explorer“) and click the “File Extension” checkbox.
Have you set Windows Photo Viewer as the default setting in Windows 10 or use the native “Photo” application?
Hope to help you !
More: Your Services.msc is not opening? Please refer to the article on How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” in Windows 10.