Also in Windows Help
- How to fix no Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10
- How to use SFC Scannow to repair Windows system files
- How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
- How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10
- Fix Windows update error message
- Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- How to open Settings in Windows 10
- How to fix Update Error 800F0922 in Windows 10
- How to fix “Windows resource protection could not start the repair service” in Windows
- How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows
- How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” Not Opening” in Windows 10
- How to create backup with system image in Windows 10
- Tip Add Settings To Taskbar In Windows 10
- How to Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073d23 in Windows 10
- How to view the full specifications of a Windows 10 PC
- Fix the problem that Windows 10 computer cannot boot to BIOS
- How to check SSD health and temperature in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error code 0x800f0922
- How to Fix Video or Music Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10?
- How to Check Your PC Has SATA Or NVMe SSD In Windows 10
- Tips Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
- How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 login issues
- How to Fix Windows 10 Not Showing WiFi Networks
- How to change the screen brightness in Windows 10
How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10 – Few users complain that Cortana cannot be turned off on Windows 10. After starting the computer, the digital assistant will automatically open, and it will not disappear after clicking its icon on the taskbar. The only way to stay quiet and shut down is to restart the PC. This kind of annoyance will appear every time after startup, Cortana or Mic settings can not solve the problem.
Fix Cannot Close Cortana
In order to solve and solve the problem that Cortana cannot be turned off in Windows 10, we have compiled this guide using various methods. If you find our article useful, please make sure to return to SoftwareKeep for more troubleshooting guides and useful technical tips.
Note: You may need to have access to an administrator account to perform all the methods described below. If the account you are currently using does not have administrative rights, make sure to change it in your settings.
Kill Cortana app via Task Manager
Step 1: Open the Task Manager by right-clicking on an empty spot on the taskbar and then clicking the Task Manager option. If you love using keyboard shortcuts, use Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to quickly launch the Task Manager.
Step 2: If you get the minimal version of the Task Manager, click on the More details button. If not, skip to the next step.
Step 3: Under the Processes tab, look for the Cortana entry. Once found, right-click on the Cortana entry and then click the End process option.
Prevent Cortana from automatically starting with Windows 10
Step 1: Open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Under the Startup tab, right-click on the Cortana entry and then click the Disable option. This will prevent the Cortana app from loading with Windows 10.
Step 1 – Download Start menu troubleshooter and launch it by clicking its icon from browsers bottom toolbar. Once the Troubleshooter’s wizard appears, click on the Advanced link to see the ticked option Apply repairs automatically. Now select Next.
Step 2 – It will scan for the issue for few moments then you will find that the problem no longer exists. It will show the reason Tile database is corrupt with Fixed sign.
Hope to help you !
More: Are your apps blurry in Windows 10? if so please refer to the article How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10!