Also in Windows Help
- How to fix no Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10
- How to use SFC Scannow to repair Windows system files
- How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
- How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10
- Fix Windows update error message
- Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- How to open Settings in Windows 10
- How to fix Update Error 800F0922 in Windows 10
- How to fix “Windows resource protection could not start the repair service” in Windows
- How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows
- How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” Not Opening” in Windows 10
- How to create backup with system image in Windows 10
- Tip Add Settings To Taskbar In Windows 10
- How to Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073d23 in Windows 10
- How to view the full specifications of a Windows 10 PC
- Fix the problem that Windows 10 computer cannot boot to BIOS
- How to check SSD health and temperature in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error code 0x800f0922
- How to Fix Video or Music Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10?
- How to Check Your PC Has SATA Or NVMe SSD In Windows 10
- Tips Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
- How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 login issues
- How to Fix Windows 10 Not Showing WiFi Networks
- How to change the screen brightness in Windows 10
- How to fix cast to Device Not Working in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates
- How to Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 in Windows 10
- 3 ways to restore the dual boot menu in Windows 10
- How to split-screen (dual screen) on Windows 10
- How to Stop Computer Screen from Turning OFF in Windows 10
- How to find the age of your computer
- How to fix Laptop Shuts Down When Lid is Closed
- Enable Fast Startup in Windows 10
- The most effective method to Reset Microsoft Account Password
How to fix cast to Device Not Working in Windows 10, With the “cast to device” function, you can stream videos, movies, and photos from your computer to Smart TV. You will find the steps to solve the “cast to the device not working” issue in Windows 10 in the following steps.
Fix cast to Device Not Working in Windows
The problem of not being able to project to the device in Windows 10 may be caused by a variety of reasons, from network discovery not enabled on the computer or media streaming to outdated and damaged network drivers.
You should be able to resolve this issue using one of the following methods.
Update network driver
First, update the network driver on your computer to ensure that the problem is not caused by an outdated or damaged network driver.
Right-click on the Start button and click on Device Manager. On the Device Manager screen, expand the Device Manager entry > right-click on Wireless Adapter and click on the Update Driver Software option. On the next screen, select Search Automatically for the updated driver software option.
If there are updates, Windows will automatically install them on your computer. After the process is complete, check to see if the “cast to device” feature is now working on your computer.
Turn on network discovery
You will not be able to cast media from your computer to Tivi. If your computer is not visible to other devices on the network.
Go to Settings > Network & Internet > scroll down and click on Network and Sharing Center. On the next screen, click on the Change Advanced Sharing Settings option.
On the Advanced Sharing Settings screen, select Turn ON Network Discovery, Turn On File, and printer sharing options, and click on the Save changes button.
Turning on the “Network Discovery” feature makes your computer visible to other devices on the network, and also allows it to view other devices on the network.
After enabling network discovery, check to see if “Cast to Device” is now running on the computer.
Enable Media Streaming
Go to Settings > Network & Internet > scroll down and click on Network and Sharing Center. On the next screen, click on Media Streaming Options. On the next screen, click on Turn ON Media Streaming.
On the next screen, make sure that your device is visible on the local network. Allow the media sharing on devices and click on OK.
Restart the computer, and now you should find “cast to a device running on the computer”.
Enable required media services
When you run the optimization tool on your computer, some media services that are required for the “cast to media” feature to function properly may be disabled.
Right-click on the Start button and click on Run. In the Run command window, type
Services.msc and click on OK.
On the Services screen, make sure the following services are running.
- DNS Client: Automatic
- Function Discovery Resource Publication – Manual
- SSDP Discovery – Manual (Used by XBOX)
- UPnP Device Host – Manual
If any service is not running, double-click the service, and then click Start.
Check for Updates
Make sure your computer is up to date with all the latest Windows updates.
Go to Settings > Update & Security > select Windows Update in the left pane. In the right pane, click on Check for Updates button.
Windows will automatically install the update (if any) on your computer.
Hope to fix cast to Device Not Working in Windows 10!