Also in Windows Help
- How to fix no Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10
- How to use SFC Scannow to repair Windows system files
- How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
- How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10
- Fix Windows update error message
- Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- How to open Settings in Windows 10
- How to fix Update Error 800F0922 in Windows 10
- How to fix “Windows resource protection could not start the repair service” in Windows
- How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows
- How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” Not Opening” in Windows 10
- How to create backup with system image in Windows 10
- Tip Add Settings To Taskbar In Windows 10
- How to Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073d23 in Windows 10
- How to view the full specifications of a Windows 10 PC
- Fix the problem that Windows 10 computer cannot boot to BIOS
- How to check SSD health and temperature in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error code 0x800f0922
- How to Fix Video or Music Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10?
- How to Check Your PC Has SATA Or NVMe SSD In Windows 10
- Tips Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
- How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 login issues
- How to Fix Windows 10 Not Showing WiFi Networks
- How to change the screen brightness in Windows 10
- How to fix cast to Device Not Working in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates
- How to Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 in Windows 10
- 3 ways to restore the dual boot menu in Windows 10
- How to split-screen (dual screen) on Windows 10
- How to Stop Computer Screen from Turning OFF in Windows 10
- How to find the age of your computer
- How to fix Laptop Shuts Down When Lid is Closed
- Enable Fast Startup in Windows 10
- The most effective method to Reset Microsoft Account Password
How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” in Windows 10 – Windows Services.msc, the inherent service pane, where you can conveniently manage different types of services, such as turning off Windows update service and disabling Windows search service. It can run easily and normally, but sometimes you may have trouble opening Services.msc in Windows 10.
Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” in Windows
If you are currently experiencing problems, you can use the 3 methods here to effectively repair the Service.msc that cannot be opened in Windows 10.
Run System File Checker
Damaged system files may also be the reason why Services.msc cannot be opened in Windows 10. To check the system files in the operating system, you can apply the system file checker in the following 2 steps.
- Type Command Prompt in the search bar and right-click it in the result list. Then choose Run as an administrator in the context menu.
sfc /scannowin open CMD, hit Enter to execute the command. After that SFC will scan all protected system files and repair the corrupted one for you.
Now, you might be able to open Services.msc as normal.
Re-associate MSC with MMC
MSC is a file extension. MSC files are usually run through the Microsoft Management Console (MMC). In other words, if Services.msc is not correctly associated with MMC, Services.msc cannot be opened.
Search Default apps in the task bar and click to open it.
Scroll down the right pane to the bottom and select Choose default apps by file type.
Find .msc among the file types, click its default program and set the program as Microsoft Management Console. In this way, the services.msc is successfully associated with MMC.
Restart Windows 10
Restarting the PC can clear the current state of the running system, which helps to eliminate system errors. Therefore, when you can’t open Services.msc, just restart your PC first, and then see if the problem is resolved.
Hope to help you !