Also in Windows Help
- How to fix no Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10
- How to use SFC Scannow to repair Windows system files
- How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
- How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10
- Fix Windows update error message
- Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- How to open Settings in Windows 10
- How to fix Update Error 800F0922 in Windows 10
- How to fix “Windows resource protection could not start the repair service” in Windows
- How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows
- How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” Not Opening” in Windows 10
- How to create backup with system image in Windows 10
- Tip Add Settings To Taskbar In Windows 10
- How to Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073d23 in Windows 10
- How to view the full specifications of a Windows 10 PC
- Fix the problem that Windows 10 computer cannot boot to BIOS
- How to check SSD health and temperature in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error code 0x800f0922
- How to Fix Video or Music Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10?
- How to Check Your PC Has SATA Or NVMe SSD In Windows 10
- Tips Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
- How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 login issues
- How to Fix Windows 10 Not Showing WiFi Networks
- How to change the screen brightness in Windows 10
- How to fix cast to Device Not Working in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates
- How to Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 in Windows 10
- 3 ways to restore the dual boot menu in Windows 10
- How to split-screen (dual screen) on Windows 10
- How to Stop Computer Screen from Turning OFF in Windows 10
- How to find the age of your computer
- How to fix Laptop Shuts Down When Lid is Closed
- Enable Fast Startup in Windows 10
- The most effective method to Reset Microsoft Account Password
How to fix Laptop Shuts Down When Lid is Closed, If you find that the computer turns off after closing the lid instead of entering sleep mode, you can resolve this issue by adjusting the computer’s power settings.
Fix Laptop Shuts Down When Lid is Closed
Generally, most portable computers are set to power the screen when the cover is closed, and enter sleep mode if the cover is kept closed for a period of time.
This energy-saving setting is designed to prevent the battery from draining battery power by continuing to run even when the computer is not in use.
Another power-saving setting available in Windows 10 is to automatically shut down the computer immediately after the lid is closed.
However, you can easily prevent the computer from closing or turning off the computer when the cover is closed only when the cover is kept closed for a long time.
Keep Laptop ON When Lid is Closed
If you don’t want to turn off your laptop when you close the lid, you can adjust the power settings on your computer and prevent this from happening.
Open Settings on your computer and click on the System Icon. On the next screen, select Power & Sleep in the left pane. In the right-pane, scroll down to ‘Related Settings’ and click on the Additional Power Settings link.
On the Power Options screen, click on Choose What Closing the lid does link in the left-pane. On the next screen, set the ‘When I Close the lid‘ setting under ‘Battery’ and ‘Plugged in’ to Sleep.
Click on Save Changes to save this setting on your computer.
After that, after closing the cover, you will no longer find that the computer is shutting down.
Hope to fix Laptop Shuts Down When Lid is Closed !
More: Are you having errors Unable to Sign Into Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA2000B? Please refer to the article on How to Fix Unable to Sign Into Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA2000B.