Also in Windows Help
- How to fix no Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10
- How to use SFC Scannow to repair Windows system files
- How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
- How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10
- Fix Windows update error message
- Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- How to open Settings in Windows 10
- How to fix Update Error 800F0922 in Windows 10
- How to fix “Windows resource protection could not start the repair service” in Windows
- How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows
- How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” Not Opening” in Windows 10
- How to create backup with system image in Windows 10
- Tip Add Settings To Taskbar In Windows 10
- How to Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073d23 in Windows 10
- How to view the full specifications of a Windows 10 PC
- Fix the problem that Windows 10 computer cannot boot to BIOS
- How to check SSD health and temperature in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error code 0x800f0922
- How to Fix Video or Music Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10?
- How to Check Your PC Has SATA Or NVMe SSD In Windows 10
- Tips Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
- How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 login issues
- How to Fix Windows 10 Not Showing WiFi Networks
- How to change the screen brightness in Windows 10
- How to fix cast to Device Not Working in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates
- How to Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 in Windows 10
- 3 ways to restore the dual boot menu in Windows 10
- How to split-screen (dual screen) on Windows 10
- How to Stop Computer Screen from Turning OFF in Windows 10
- How to find the age of your computer
- How to fix Laptop Shuts Down When Lid is Closed
- Enable Fast Startup in Windows 10
- The most effective method to Reset Microsoft Account Password
How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows – I often launch .exe and .vbs files from network drives mapped to many different computers. Because Microsoft Windows has built-in security features, users may often receive the “Open File-Security Warning” dialog box that says “We can’t verify who created this file. Are you sure you want to open this file?” From your local computer When opening the file in a location other than that.
If you frequently encounter this error and want to save the extra step of clicking the “Open” button, you can set the file location to a trusted site.
Fix “We can’t verify who created this file”
Okey! Follow the steps below to correct the error “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows:
- Select “Start“, then type “Internet Options“.
- Open “Internet Options“.
- Select the “Security” tab.
- Select “Local intranet“, then select the “Sites” button.
- Choose the “Advanced” button on the “Local intranet” dialog box that appears.
- Type the location of the file that generated the warning. The path can be a mapped network drive or a UNC path, such as “\Server1”. In this case, my test.vbs file is located on the Z: drive. Therefore, I will enter “Z:” and press “Add“.
- After adding the path to the “WebSite” box, it may change. this is normal phenomenon.
- Select “Close” > “OK” > “OK“.
You should now be able to open any file from that location without receiving the “We can’t verify who created this file” error.
Hope to help you !