Also in Windows Help
- How to fix no Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10
- How to use SFC Scannow to repair Windows system files
- How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
- How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10
- Fix Windows update error message
- Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- How to open Settings in Windows 10
- How to fix Update Error 800F0922 in Windows 10
- How to fix “Windows resource protection could not start the repair service” in Windows
- How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows
- How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” Not Opening” in Windows 10
- How to create backup with system image in Windows 10
- Tip Add Settings To Taskbar In Windows 10
- How to Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073d23 in Windows 10
- How to view the full specifications of a Windows 10 PC
- Fix the problem that Windows 10 computer cannot boot to BIOS
- How to check SSD health and temperature in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error code 0x800f0922
- How to Fix Video or Music Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10?
- How to Check Your PC Has SATA Or NVMe SSD In Windows 10
- Tips Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
- How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 login issues
- How to Fix Windows 10 Not Showing WiFi Networks
- How to change the screen brightness in Windows 10
- How to fix cast to Device Not Working in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates
- How to Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 in Windows 10
- 3 ways to restore the dual boot menu in Windows 10
- How to split-screen (dual screen) on Windows 10
- How to Stop Computer Screen from Turning OFF in Windows 10
- How to find the age of your computer
- How to fix Laptop Shuts Down When Lid is Closed
- Enable Fast Startup in Windows 10
- The most effective method to Reset Microsoft Account Password
How to fix Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates, If your computer wants to install “Windows Update cannot currently check for updates”, you should be able to solve the problem using the troubleshooting steps provided below.
Fix Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates
Windows Update cannot currently check for updates. The pop-up window may appear on a Windows 10 computer for a variety of reasons, from blocking Windows updates to corrupted files in the software distribution folder.
Restart the computer
In many cases, this problem can be resolved by restarting the computer and allowing Windows to install updates.
If Windows does not automatically resume the update, go to Settings > Update & Security > select Windows Update in the left pane and click on Check For Updates button.
Disable antivirus software
Sometimes, the problem is due to Windows Update being blocked by the antivirus software installed on the computer. To resolve this issue, temporarily disable the antivirus software on your computer, and then check for updates again.
You can enable the Antivirus software again on your computer after the update is installed.
Run the Windows troubleshooter
You can trust the built-in troubleshooters in Windows 10 to help solve Windows Update problems on your computer.
Go to Settings > Update & Security > select Troubleshoot in the left pane. In the right pane, select Windows Update and click on the Run the Troubleshooter button.
If prompted, enter the administrator password, and then wait for Windows to find and fix problems related to Windows Update on the computer.
Restart the Windows Update service
Right-click on the Start button and click on Run. In Run Command Window, type:
services.msc and click on OK. On the services screen, right-click on Windows Update and click on the Restart option.
After this, check to see if you can install Windows Update on your computer.
Clear the software distribution folder
Since the update file in the Software Distribution folder is damaged, Windows update issues may appear on the Windows computer.
Open Command Prompt with Admin privileges, type:
net stop wuauserv and press the Enter key. This command will stop the Windows Update Service on your computer.
Note: Do not close Command Prompt Window, as it will be required later to Restart Windows Update Service.
After stopping Windows Update Service, open File Explorer > navigate to This PC (Or Local Disk (C:)) > Windows and locate SoftwareDistribution Folder.
Note: Just to be on the safe side, copy “SoftwareDistribution” folder to your desktop as a backup.
Open “SoftwareDistribution” Folder > select and Delete all Files located in “SoftwareDistribution” Folder.
Note: These are temporary files and Windows 10 will create them again from scratch.
After deleting files in the “SoftwareDistribution” folder, type:
net start wuauserv in Command Prompt Window and press the Enter key to start Windows Update Service.
After this go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on Check for Updates button.
Hopefully, this time you should be able to install Updates on your computer.