Also in Windows Help
- How to fix no Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10
- How to use SFC Scannow to repair Windows system files
- How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
- How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10
- Fix Windows update error message
- Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- How to open Settings in Windows 10
- How to fix Update Error 800F0922 in Windows 10
- How to fix “Windows resource protection could not start the repair service” in Windows
- How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows
- How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” Not Opening” in Windows 10
- How to create backup with system image in Windows 10
- Tip Add Settings To Taskbar In Windows 10
- How to Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073d23 in Windows 10
- How to view the full specifications of a Windows 10 PC
- Fix the problem that Windows 10 computer cannot boot to BIOS
- How to check SSD health and temperature in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error code 0x800f0922
- How to Fix Video or Music Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10?
- How to Check Your PC Has SATA Or NVMe SSD In Windows 10
- Tips Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
- How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 login issues
- How to Fix Windows 10 Not Showing WiFi Networks
- How to change the screen brightness in Windows 10
- How to fix cast to Device Not Working in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates
- How to Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 in Windows 10
- 3 ways to restore the dual boot menu in Windows 10
- How to split-screen (dual screen) on Windows 10
- How to Stop Computer Screen from Turning OFF in Windows 10
- How to find the age of your computer
- How to fix Laptop Shuts Down When Lid is Closed
- Enable Fast Startup in Windows 10
- The most effective method to Reset Microsoft Account Password
- Tips for creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive
Fix Windows update error message – Windows update is a basic function in Windows. If Windows Update cannot install the update, it means that there is a lack of feature and security updates to keep Windows stable and secure.
Over time, you may encounter more and more error messages in Windows. Regarding Windows update components, many update error messages may occur in Windows. Microsoft said this is a list of the most common error messages in Windows updates.
Error message: 0x0xc1900223223, 0x80240034, 0x8007000E, 0x80242006, 0x80244018, 0x80D02002, 0x80246017, 0x80240438, 0x80070070, 0x8007000D, 0x80246008, 0x80096004, and 0x80070020.
Sometimes Windows update problems are easy to solve. For example, a common problem when installing updates in Windows is insufficient disk space. There should be enough disk space to install the update, about 5GB or more of disk space for a large number of updates.
Fix Windows update error message
Microsoft provides several standard solutions for Windows update error messages. I suggest you check each answer to see if it resolves the Windows update error message. After checking these standard solutions, I provide you with an advanced solution.
Check disk space
Make sure you still have enough disk space to install the update. As I pointed out, +/- 5GB is sufficient for most updates.
Restarting the computer to complete the updates
Restart the Windows computer to check if the update has been installed after the restart. Sometimes, one update will stop another update during installation.
Close and restart Windows update
Close Windows Update and restart Windows Update. Check for new updates and install (if possible).
Disconnect external hardware
Delete all external storage devices and disks, docking stations and other hardware connected to the device that are not required for basic functions. Then try to re-run Windows Update to see if your problem has been resolved.
Update Windows drivers
Right-click the start button in Windows. Open the device manager from the list. Check all devices with a yellow exclamation mark, click on them, and then click “Update Driver”. Install the latest drivers for specific devices.
Troubleshooting error messages with Windows Update
It is assumed that you have passed all standard solutions and the error message of the Windows update has not been resolved. In this case, you can run the following more advanced solutions.
Windows update troubleshooter
Microsoft has a built-in Windows application that can identify and automatically repair Windows update problems.
When starting this Windows update troubleshooter, all components will be checked, such as the configuration and services related to Windows updates. If an error is found, it is recommended that you take measures to solve the problem.
In the menu on the left, click Troubleshoot.
In the recommended troubleshooting menu, click on the Additional Troubleshooters link.
In the Additional Troubleshooter settings, you will find a Windows Update Troubleshooter application. Click on Run the Troubleshooter.
The Windows update troubleshooter launches and searches for problems or error messages when starting or searching for Windows updates.
If you find a problem after diagnosis, you can follow Microsoft’s suggestions to resolve the error message.
Hope to help you !