Also in Increase PC performance
- How to disable startup apps in windows 10
- How to Disable relaunch apps on startup in Windows 10
- How to Disable background apps in windows 10
- How to Uninstall non-essential apps
- How to Reclaim hard drive space in Windows
- How to Run defragmentation tool in Windows
- How to Enable ReadyBoost in Windows
- How to Check computer for malware
- How to Disable system visual effects in Windows
- How to Disable search indexing in Windows
How to Reclaim hard drive space in Windows – Whether it’s a solid state drive (SSD) or a traditional disk hard drive (HDD), filling the drive is never a good idea because it affects performance.
If you have a fairly new computer and start to notice that applications, file copying, and other tasks take longer than usual, one of the reasons may be insufficient space on the drive. Usually, this becomes obvious after filling about 70% of the total storage capacity.
Reclaim hard drive space in Windows
One way to prevent storage from affecting performance is to use Storage Sense to delete unnecessary files to reclaim space.
To clean the drive using Storage Sense, follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Storage.
- Under the “Local Disk” section, click the Temporary files item. (If you don’t see the option, click the Show more categories link)
- Check the files that you want to delete.
Quick tip: When selecting temporary files to delete, please consider selecting the “Download” option to delete everything in the “Download” folder. If you want to keep these files, do not check this option. In addition, if available, you can choose to delete the “previous Windows installation” item, but once you delete these files, you cannot roll back to the previous version of the operating system.
- Click the Remove files button.
After completing these steps, if Storage Sens can free up enough space, you should start to see performance improvements.
Hope to help you !