Also in Increase PC performance
- How to disable startup apps in windows 10
- How to Disable relaunch apps on startup in Windows 10
- How to Disable background apps in windows 10
- How to Uninstall non-essential apps
- How to Reclaim hard drive space in Windows
- How to Run defragmentation tool in Windows
- How to Enable ReadyBoost in Windows
- How to Check computer for malware
- How to Disable system visual effects in Windows
- How to Disable search indexing in Windows
- How to Increase page file size in Windows
- How to Restore previous working state in Windows
- How to Repair installation files in Windows
- How to Reset your device in Windows
How to Run defragmentation tool in Windows – If you are using an SSD, you will not see any benefit using a defragmentation tool. However, if your device is still using a traditional HDD, using this tool can improve the system’s response speed.
Run defragmentation tool in Windows
To run the defragmentation tool to speed up system storage, use the following steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Storage.
- Under the “More storage settings” section, click the Optimize Drives option.
- Select the drive from the list.
- Click the Optimize button.
After completing these steps, the tool will organize the files to reduce the time spent searching for files next time it is needed, thereby significantly improving performance. The time to complete the process will depend on the size of the drive, the data on the drive, and the system configuration.
Hope to help you !
More: The touchpad is not working, Check if the touchpad is turned on or not?