Also in Windows Help
- How to fix no Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10
- How to use SFC Scannow to repair Windows system files
- How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
- How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10
- Fix Windows update error message
- Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- How to open Settings in Windows 10
- How to fix Update Error 800F0922 in Windows 10
- How to fix “Windows resource protection could not start the repair service” in Windows
- How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows
- How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” Not Opening” in Windows 10
- How to create backup with system image in Windows 10
- Tip Add Settings To Taskbar In Windows 10
- How to Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073d23 in Windows 10
- How to view the full specifications of a Windows 10 PC
- Fix the problem that Windows 10 computer cannot boot to BIOS
- How to check SSD health and temperature in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error code 0x800f0922
- How to Fix Video or Music Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10?
- How to Check Your PC Has SATA Or NVMe SSD In Windows 10
- Tips Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
- How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 login issues
- How to Fix Windows 10 Not Showing WiFi Networks
- How to change the screen brightness in Windows 10
- How to fix cast to Device Not Working in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates
- How to Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 in Windows 10
- 3 ways to restore the dual boot menu in Windows 10
- How to split-screen (dual screen) on Windows 10
- How to Stop Computer Screen from Turning OFF in Windows 10
- How to find the age of your computer
- How to fix Laptop Shuts Down When Lid is Closed
- Enable Fast Startup in Windows 10
- The most effective method to Reset Microsoft Account Password
How to Stop Computer Screen from Turning OFF in Windows 10, If the computer’s screen turns off after a few minutes of inactivity, you can easily change this setting and prevent the Windows 10 computer’s screen from turning off.
Stop Computer Screen from Turning OFF in Windows
The default setting in Windows 10 is to save battery life and save power by turning off the screen when the screen is not in use.
However, this default setting can be easily configured to keep the laptop or desktop screen active for a longer period of time or never turn off.
Prevent the computer screen from turning off when plugged in
For portable computers, Windows 10 provides an option to prevent the screen from turning off, either when the portable computer is plugged into a power source, or when it is on battery power.
Open Settings on your computer and click on the System Icon. On the next screen, select Power & Sleep in the left-pane. In the right pane, use the drop-down to set When plugged in to Never and ‘On battery power’ to any reasonable duration (10, 15, 20) that suits you.
As mentioned above, even if the laptop runs on battery, it can prevent the screen from turning off. However, you need to be aware that such a setting will adversely affect the battery life of your computer.
Prevent the computer from going to sleep
Even if the computer’s screen is set to “Never Turn Off”, the screen will still turn off when the computer enters the sleep state. Therefore, it is necessary to check the sleep settings on the computer.
Go to Settings > System > select Power & Sleep option in the left pane. In the right-pane, scroll down to the ‘Sleep’ section and use the drop-down to set When Plugged into Never or any other duration that suits you.
In order to extend battery life, it is recommended not to prevent the computer from going to sleep while relying on battery power.
More: Are you having errors Unable to Sign Into Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA2000B? Please refer to the article on How to Fix Unable to Sign Into Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA2000B.