How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10, There is nothing better than the built-in Windows logo + L keyboard shortcut to lock a Windows 10 computer. However, if you prefer to use a mouse or on a touch device, you may want to add the “lock” option to the Start and taskbar for quick and easy access.
Add lock option to startup and taskbar
To add the “Lock” option to “Start” and the taskbar, we need to create a shortcut for the “Lock” option, and then pin the shortcut on the taskbar and “Start”.
Complete the following instructions to add the “Lock” option to the “Start” and taskbar in Windows 10.
- Perform a right-click on an empty spot on the desktop, click New, and click Shortcut. Clicking on the Shortcut option will open the Create Shortcut wizard.
- In the “Type the location of the item” field, copy and paste the following path:
- Click on the Next button.
- In the “Type a name for the shortcut” field, type Lock. Click on the Finish button to create the Lock shortcut on the desktop. Clicking on the Lock shortcut icon on the desktop will immediately lock your computer.
Note: If you want to change its default icon, please right-click it, click “Properties“, click the “Change Icon” button, click the “Browse” button, select an icon (the file must be in .ico format), and then click Click the “Apply” button. You can also download cool icon files (.ico) files from the Internet.
- To add the newly created Lock shortcut to the Start or taskbar, right-click on the Lock shortcut on the desktop and then click the Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar to pin it to the Start menu or taskbar, respectively.
Hope to help you !
More: Your Services.msc is not opening? Please refer to the article on How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” in Windows 10.