Also in Increase PC performance
- How to disable startup apps in windows 10
- How to Disable relaunch apps on startup in Windows 10
- How to Disable background apps in windows 10
- How to Uninstall non-essential apps
- How to Reclaim hard drive space in Windows
- How to Run defragmentation tool in Windows
- How to Enable ReadyBoost in Windows
- How to Check computer for malware
- How to Disable system visual effects in Windows
- How to Disable search indexing in Windows
- How to Increase page file size in Windows
- How to Restore previous working state in Windows
- How to Repair installation files in Windows
- How to Reset your device in Windows
How to Check computer for malware – Sometimes, the reason your computer is slow is due to malware. Viruses, spyware, adware, and other malicious programs are known to consume a lot of system resources (such as memory, hard drives, and processors), making the device unusable.
Check computer for malware
If you suspect that your device has been infected, you should try to run a full virus scan using the following steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for Windows Security and click the top result to open the app.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Under the “Virus & threat protection updates” section, click the Check for updates option.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- Click on Virus & threat protection from the left pane.
- Under the “Current threats” section, click the Scan options link.
- Select the Full scan option.
- Click the Scan now button.
After you complete the steps, Windows Defender Antivirus should be able to detect and delete any malware impacting performance.
Hope to help you !