Also in Windows Help
- How to fix no Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10
- How to use SFC Scannow to repair Windows system files
- How to Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10
- How to Fix Cannot Close Cortana Window In Windows 10
- Fix Windows update error message
- Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- How to open Settings in Windows 10
- How to fix Update Error 800F0922 in Windows 10
- How to fix “Windows resource protection could not start the repair service” in Windows
- How to fix “We can’t verify who created this file” in Windows
- How to Fix “Services.msc Not Opening” Not Opening” in Windows 10
- How to create backup with system image in Windows 10
- Tip Add Settings To Taskbar In Windows 10
- How to Fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073d23 in Windows 10
- How to view the full specifications of a Windows 10 PC
- Fix the problem that Windows 10 computer cannot boot to BIOS
- How to check SSD health and temperature in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error code 0x800f0922
- How to Fix Video or Music Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10?
- How to Check Your PC Has SATA Or NVMe SSD In Windows 10
- Tips Enable Windows Photo Viewer In Windows 10
- How to add lock option to startup and taskbar in Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 login issues
- How to Fix Windows 10 Not Showing WiFi Networks
- How to change the screen brightness in Windows 10
How to open Settings in Windows 10 – In the “Settings” application, you can customize the detailed working methods of Windows 10. You can install the device from it, change the keyboard language, desktop wallpaper, update Windows 10 or configure its privacy settings.
To change Windows 10 settings and personalize them as needed, you need to open the “Settings” application, which replaces the old “Control Panel” known in Windows 7. There are many ways to open Settings, including some useful keyboard shortcuts.
What is the “Settings” application in Windows 10?
First, let’s briefly explain the settings on Windows 10: this app is a modern replacement for the old control panel. Both of these applications can help you configure the way Windows 10 works, but while slowly dragging back to the Control Panel, “Settings” are actively developed.
Microsoft’s purpose is to replace “Control Panel” with “Settings.” Today, the “Settings” application provides more configuration options, and has the advantage of being used with mouse and keyboard, as well as touch input on tablets and 2-in-1 devices.
Open Settings in Windows 10
In this guide we share them all, so you can always find your way to Settings in Windows 10:
Using keyboard shortcut
We are big fans of keyboard shortcuts. This is the fastest “settings” shortcut: Press Windows + I at the same time. The Settings app opens immediately.
Open Windows 10 Settings from the Start Menu
Using the Start menu is another quick way to open Settings in Windows 10. Click or click the “Start” button, and then click the “Settings” shortcut on the left. It looks like a gear.
Using CMD (Command Prompt) or PowerShell
If you like the command line environment, then you might like this approach: depending on your preference, it involves using the command prompt or PowerShell. Open CMD (command prompt) or start PowerShell, type:
start ms-settings: and press Enter.
Once you press Enter on your keyboard, Windows 10 immediately opens the Settings app.
You can open the WinX menu by pressing Windows + X on the keyboard or right-clicking the “Start” button. In the displayed menu, go to “Settings”.
Open Windows 10 Settings using Search
On the Windows 10 taskbar, use the “Search” box and enter “Settings” in it. After loading the search results, press Enter or click/tap the “Settings” result.
Using the Run window
Another way is to use the “Run” window. To open it, press Windows + R on the keyboard, enter the command
ms-settings:, and click OK or press Enter on the keyboard.
The Settings app is opened instantly.
Open Windows 10 Settings from File Explorer
File Explorer also gives us a fast way to open the Settings app. Open File Explorer and go to This PC. Expand the Computer tab from the ribbon on top, and then click or tap Open Settings.
Using the Action Center
Windows 10 includes a feature called “Action Center”, where you can see notifications about what’s happening on the device and quick actions you can use.
Open the “Action Center” by clicking or clicking its icon from the “Notification Area” at the right end of the taskbar, or by pressing Windows + A on the keyboard. At the bottom of the “Action Center”, you can see several actions and shortcuts. Click or tap All Settings and the “Settings” application will open.
Hope to help you !
More: Are Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10? if so please refer to the article Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10